Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Torin Mobile Workbench 1200 Lb Capacity Colossal Pile of Crap

Torin Mobile Workbench - 54in., 1200-Lb. Capacity
Torin Mobile Workbench - 54in., 1200-Lb. Capacity Read more...


Very Useful and a Great Deal This is an awesome storage and work bench that is a super value for the money even including the shipping cost. Mine came undamaged though the box could have been reinforced more to protect the item better. It is very functional and an excellent value.
Decent product poorly packaged This seems to be a decent product for the price. Good components and build. The biggest problem is that the product is so poorly packaged that there is no way to ship it without considerable damage occuring. On one occasion UPS returned the package to the vendor before it was even delivered and on the other occasions i had to go through great inconvenience repackaging and reinforcing the item for return. I had to return it twice before giving up and getting a similar productlocally. If you cannot pick this up in person dont bother ordering online unless you dont mind the high risk of it arriving damaged. That said Northern Tool were a first class vendor in dealing with my returns and credits. I will definately buy from them again.
Great workbench! This bench works wonderfully! It's sturdy and easy to move. The assembly wasn't difficult although a couple of the holes didn't line up and had to be enlarged. But once together it's just what I needed! I may buy another.
Good Value I ordered this through Amazon as opposed to direct from Northern Tool because shipping charges were about half of Northern's. After reading the other reviews I was worried about the condition it would arrive in and was pleasantly surprised. The box arrived encased in wooden slats and steel bands. There was no damage. Assembly is considerable. I took my time on it and followed the instructions to the letter. Once again I was surprised by the lack of problems. With the exception of one predrilled hole in the bottom everything lined up perfectly. The instructions were clear although they might have resequenced a couple of steps to make the whole undertaking easier. This thing seems well engineered and is solid. A slight negative as someone else noted the top is made of VERY soft wood. I used longer screws than those supplied to mount it to the cabinet. Considering the price this cabinet is tough to beat.
Colossal Pile of Crap This is the single worst item I have ever purchased. I don't mean worst bench. I don't mean from this specific vendor. This is the worst item I have ever purchased ever from anywhere. I'm no stranger to Some assembly required and I know my way around a screwdriver so what's so bad? This thing came with a multitude of screw holes that have to be lined up with the supplied screws. The holes are seldom drilled out properly and when they do they often don't quite line up or they simply refuse to accommodate the screws provided.
This is not a heavy duty bench This is not a heavy duty bench even though its advertised at handling 1200 lbs insert Made in China here. The steel constuction is flimsy the steel fastners are soft the black coating paint looks nice but doubt it will last the laminant table top looks good new but the wood is really soft. I should have known better after looking at the in store assembled wprkbench and recognizing the flaws drawers were leaning corners did not align tabletop scratched upBest things about this mobile work bench is its heigth 39 with the casters and its relatively inexpensive. I bought mine directly from a Northern Tools store for $229 plux tax don't event try to purchase your's online becasue it will be damaged during the shipping. The assembly was pretty easy and its during the assembly time you recognize how flimsy and low cost the steel fasteners and table top really are. Too bad becaus its hard to find something tall and mobile for less than $800 and more.Buy this product if your an ocassional hobbyist you dont need something really durable and if you wont regret buying something better. My suggestion is to find a higher grade work bench and add the caster wheels yourself.
Solid and stable damaged in shipping I purchased two of these through Amazon.com with cheaper shipping than directly from Northern Tool. They were shipped by truck. The boxes looked pretty good when I received them.On both of them the top of the workbench was face down in the box and had been damaged in shipping. One of them has a gouged out section about 2 x 3 that is about 1/8 deep. The other one just has several small dents in the wood. On both of them the bottom surface was damage free but was already drilled for attachment to the sheet metal base.
Great product I was a little worried about getting this workbench after some of the reviews that said the drawers are of poor construction and the holes dont line up. Well i had not one issue putting this thing together and couldnt be happier with my purchase. FYI for some the only issue i could see is that the wood top is soft not treated with any hardening type coating but this is perfect for me since I work on guns and would rather have a softer surface to work on. It is a solid well constructed bench and perfect for my needs. I have put some very heavy things in the drawers and they still run just as smooth as can be. This bench is worth every penny.
Pretty decent for the price Pretty easy to assemble but some pieces were bent because the packaging was lacking. But I was able to bend everything back into place and it's resaonably stable and works well.
Read more...



Related Products

  • Stanley MaxSteel 83-069 Multi-Angle Vise Amazingly Nice! I've been looking for something like this for a long time. As a smallish vise that can be easily clamped to any table the table clamp surfaces are rubber coated too and securely hold small to medium sized pieces at *any* ...Read the full

No comments:

Post a Comment