Thursday, May 3, 2012

Automotive Welding Practical Design Workbench A bit of metal working, a bit of welding, like being in a bar

Automotive Welding: A Practical Guide (S-A Design Workbench Series)
Automotive Welding: A Practical Guide (S-A Design Workbench Series) Read more...


New Welding Book a Winner This practical guide to welding has been very helpful to a 2 year welding novice. Its easy to go to the class at the community college and work on my cars. They have the welders all set for me and others to use. But I really didn't understand the hows and the whys. Now I understand what makes a good weld and how to get good results each time.This guide has also given me the confidence to start working with a TIG setup and to also learn how to do aluminum welding.Thanks for writing a solid easy to read manual.
Not really a welding book The book doesn't actually have much to say about welding specifically but is more about general automotive metalworking. The coverage of welding topics is inconsistent. Basic fundamentals are described for an audience with no prior knowledge followed by the merest description of welding technique before launching in to practical examples and projects which assume proficiency. A good book if you already know how to weld but aren't sure how to apply the knowledge in your projects.
Great practical handson guide I'm very confident when it comes to soldering and brazing but when it comes to welding I tend to make lumpy spotty seams. Jeff's book really helped me understand some of the things I've been doing wrong and better still pointed me in the right direction. It's got me thinking that a little practice is all that separates me from fixing the rusty rocker panel on my '74 Alfa Romeo Spider.
Welding 101 I am building a drag car and had much welding to do. Roll cage frame stiffeners sheet metal and aluminum. This book covered all in an easy to understand dialogue with good illustrations. I think it did what I wanted it to. I welded 30 years ago and needed a refresher and an explanation of the new welding machines that have come on line since that time. The book covered it all.
Covers all the basics for amateurs using inexpensive or rented tools and little experience Automotive Welding A Practical Guide is a 'must' for any library strong on shop or automotive repair. It covers all the basics for amateurs using inexpensive or rented tools and little experience offering common auto metalwork projects form repairing a cracked manifold to fabricating a roll bar. While the projects relate to realworld experience their sum allows for an actual complete 'course' in all the different auto welding options making this a top recommendation for all kinds of libraries.
automotive welding great book this book is perfect fo anyone wanting to learn how to frame a car or looking how to weld a broken piece off of a car.the book teaches you how to build a frame from ground up.this book mostly talks about frame welding and how to fix rust holes in parts of the car.it also shows you how to build custom tailpipes.one good thing that i like is it teached you how to build a steel tubing for a race car.excellent book.
A really practical book to own! I just picked up my copy. It is very easy to read and has countless tips for the beginner or novice welder that wants to work on cars. It is a book for the doityourself type and will save you some money from going to the shops to get work done. All the projects are real and would be something most hot rodders would want to do. You don't have to be an expert to do the tasks in the book. Pictures are plentiful and informative.
solid intro This book is a great intro to automotive welding. It wasn't as useful for me personally because I was looking for a heavy emphasis on learning mig welding skills which it does cover but I wanted more. The book has lots of useful tips and info for the welding newbie and I can Only say that I wish I had had this book years ago. Worth the money.
helpful book As a beginner this book is written on a pretty basic and easy to understand level. It goes through specific projects and suggests practice projects to make you even better.
A bit of metal working a bit of welding like being in a bar I found this book entertaining and alot like conversing with someone in a bar who knows how to do the stuff. It does have meat to it about welding metal shaping tools different types of metal small projects etc. The book moves topics fast and gives just enough information to get one familiar with the topic on the fringe. That's not to say the book lacks relevance it just moves quickly from one topic to the next in my opinion. I had expected to see more how to material and more projects for skill enhancements. It's worth having as a supplement to the specific books and manuals if you're doing frame up restorations on old cars or trucks as this covers about everything an auto enthusiast will encounter.
Read more...



Related Products

  • Automotive Bodywork & Rust Repair Another Great Book From An Automotive Legend!! I picked this up right when it came out and dove into the pages and the project an 84' AR Spider. As per usual for Mr. Joseph the writing is interesting and detail oriented without being needlessly complex. The ...Read the full

  • How To Weld (Motorbooks Workshop) Superb reading material This book has it all with clear photos and illustrations for several methods of welding. I've got a few other books but this one I would put at the top. The author is very clear in what he's trying to convey to the ...Read the full

  • Automotive Wiring and Electrical Systems (Workbench Series) Excellent wellwritten book on automotive wiring I've read just about every automotive book on the bookstore shelves and this is one of the best. The information is accurate and well written photos support the written material with good clear color shots and the ...Read the full

  • How to Paint Your Car on a Budget (Cartech) outstanding This is the best by far of 3 books I have purchased on automotive painting. It is very current and well written. The book details multiple examples of painting scenarios from touchups to frameoff paint jobs. There are numerous examples of cars painted ...Read the full

  • High-Perf Differentials, Axles, and Drivelines Very good comprehensive reference I just finished reading most of this book. As background I have rebuilt several axles before but wanted a manual for future axle builds and to keep around the garage for reference information. I think the Amazon book description ...Read the full

No comments:

Post a Comment