Friday, May 11, 2012

Fine Woodworking Bending Wood Articles wide range of information

Fine Woodworking on Bending Wood: 35 Articles
Fine Woodworking on Bending Wood: 35 Articles Read more...


Way below my expectations I got really disapointed when I received and read this book. It provides advanced techniques that a regular woodworker would never use. The parts that woodworkers use the most are vague. I'm not intereset in making violins or boats. I need techniques to bend wood to use joints for curved surfaces to build equipment and fixtures to bend wood and so on. This book lacks of the practical guidelines to do so.
wide range of information I'm a professional woodworker and like to incorporate curved aspects in my designs for cabinetry. I found this book very helpful because it covers so many different tecniques. There are many ways to skin the cat You will find most of them here. Illustrations are typical for old Fine Woodworking articles black and white and adequate to make the material more accessable if not a joy to behold.
Canoe Building My husband loves working with wood. He and his friend were building a canoe in our basement. He wanted to know the correct way to bend wood without it breaking. This book did the trick. It has become part of his woodworking library. Thank you.
diverse articles This book covers a diverse amount of applications from boat building furniture building and luthier. All of the techniques are from old timers. The articles are suggestions from professions that bend wood for a living. There is a plan for how to build your own steam chamber plus where you can buy equipment. Granted the articles are old but the ideas still apply today. After reading this book i have created my own steam chamber bending platforms clamps and an understanding of what woods bend well and which don't. It is a collection of articles not a book written by one person so it is not point A to point B. I keep this book nearby in my shop for quick reference and i hope you do to.
Read more...



Related Products

  • Wood Bending Made Simple Great resource with top notch information! I purchased this title with the hopes of being able to use it with my students in my Aircraft Woodworking classes I teach in Central Virginia. I have purchased no less than three other titles over ...Read the full

  • Woodworker's Guide to Bending Wood A good compendium of wood bending techniques I really like this book. It provides a good overview of a variety of wood bending techniques including green wood bending constructing curved wood laminates hot water bending steam bending heat ...Read the full

  • The Complete Manual of Wood Bending: Milled, Laminated, and Steambent Work I bought three books on wood bending this is the best After getting in over my head I bought three wood bending books this one Schleining Zachary Taylor's "Wood Bender's Handbook" and "Fine Woodworking on Bending Wood." Taylor is slightly more ...Read the full

  • Wood Bending Handbook ...Read the full

  • Fine Woodworking On Joinery: 36 articles selected by the Editors of 'Fine Woodworking' magazine A most useful collection of well written articles I am pleased to find a single title that includes a variety of instructive articles applicable to one interested in improving craftsmanship. The text contains a good balance between "how to" and "why ...Read the full

No comments:

Post a Comment