Tuesday, May 22, 2012

HTC PM7000 Portamate Miter Center Fine for home owner use

HTC PM7000 Portamate Miter Saw & Power Tool Work Center
HTC PM7000 Portamate Miter Saw & Power Tool Work Center Read more...

  • Aluminum with rubber feet
  • Limited time offer: includes work vise and work light
  • Universal machinery mounts for planers, band saws, scroll saws, and mitre saws
  • Portable miter saw work station with 4-outlet power center, 8-inch wheel, and storage compartment
  • 33-inches tall; up to 7-feet long; 75 pounds; 1-year warranty

  • Every man's shop Power centerlight vise and tool mount make this rugged portable tool center the icing on the cake for anyone with multiple bench tools. For me this replaced an awkward miter saw stand that wasn't convenient to use. Amazon's special made it even more attractive.
    Don't waste your money I don't write many reviews but for the amount of money I wasted on this product. I am motivated please do not waste your money on this stand. If they try to give it away don't take it. First of all the wheels are going to fall off and second the pins that hold the legs in position will fail and fall apart. Then you will just try to give it away to the customer where you are currently working and if you're lucky he'll take it off your hands and save you a trip to the dump.Sorry if I've already written a review on this product but I have lots of stands and other tools but this thing really was a mistake.
    Very good product for the money I read many reviews before I purchased this particular model. Pretty much everything posted was accurate. The product is well built versatile and overall fits my needs. I use this for mainly around the house and to help friends out with their carpentry needs. I am not a professional but I would think this unit would hold up well comparing it to other I have seen. Only two negatives I see already posted which I agree with.
    Fine for home owner use This is not really stout enough for daily construction site use. The sheet metal is a bit too thin and/or a bit to soft. I've never used a Dewalt or other brand miter saw stand so can not judge how it stacks up against them.Pro1. Includes work glove box light & vise2. On board power strip with on and off switch3. Out rigger supports for long boards4. Seems well designed5. Very will packaged almost survived UPS6. Tool mounting brackets attach firmly enough to hold7. Assembly was intuitive didn't even look at the instructionsCon1. Was missing one hardware component a retaining clip2. Metal used for the leg supports and such is a bit soft but it worksCommentsThe vise was missing a Cclip that holds the drive screw in place. It is the same size as the wheel Cclip so I slapped one on it before I realized I needed it for the wheels. So had to order one from Tech Support still pending at this time.Not able to test the wheels at this time missing part discussed above.Glove box is small will hold screw drivers a few wrenches or a set of work cloves. Still it is a handy feature.Electric strip looks cheap but it works. Expect the outlet covers to break off quickly. But they could last time will tell.One of the rollers vibrated apart in shipping. All the parts were still in the box and it went back together without any issues.
    Portamate vice the DeWalt Any design is a series of tradeoffs.1. The Portamate arrived dinged. I think this is the result of no styrofoam in the middle of the packaging and the thinner extrusion beam. One bolt bag was broken all bolts should go in a separate inside box. Short one set of knobs which customer svc is replacing.2. The Portamate is shorter & lower than the DeWalt.3. The DeWalt has better finish & uses heavier materials and aluminum legs vice painted steel legs on the Portamate. The Portamate's 'chrome' finish is very rough. Neither have adjustable legs e.g. the Milwaukee.
    Great portable workstation I have been using this work center for over a year and could not be happier. The stand is sturdy but easy to fold up an move if necessary. I bought several sets of base mounts and have used them to create a variety of bolt in place work surfaces. This kind of versatility is crucial in a small shop. I would buy this again.
    The Porta NOT Mate They should eliminate the 'Porta' from the name and just call it the 'Mate'. The instructions recommend removing the tool before knocking the stand down and moving it i.e the stand is portable without the tool mounted on it. What a joke. Buy the Delta portable stand if you want a great portable stand for moving your heavy tools.ProsThe removable tool holders are nice reason I bought the stand vs. the Delta.
    product fine sercice lousy
    To good to be true This stand is very affordable however it does not stand up to daily use. I am a remodeling contractor who needs his tools to be able to take a variety of setups and lots of movement from job to job. This stand does not hold up. It is poorly constructed and cheaply manufactured. I was hoping it would be great considering the cost but after using it I am willing to pay more for a higher quality stand.
    Sturdy & Extra Plug In's I bought this stand to hold the new miter saw I got. I use this same stand at work & have been completley satisfied. I have used the vise more than I ever thought I would. The light is a nice attachment but my favorite thing is all the extra plug ins. My shop is short on plug ins & this bench gives me more right where I need them. It's very sturdy and easily portable. I cut 10' long boards which was no problem with the slide out ends to help support the wood. At work I roll it back & forth accross the parking lot & so far the wheels are holding up fine this was one concern I had about the plastic wheels.
    Read more...



    Related Products

    No comments:

    Post a Comment