Sunday, July 1, 2012

Rockwell RK9002 JawHorse Sheetmaster 48 inch Great

Rockwell RK9002 JawHorse Sheetmaster hold and clamp 48-inch plywood sheets
Rockwell RK9002 JawHorse Sheetmaster hold and clamp 48-inch plywood sheets Read more...

  • Folds down quickly for storage and transport
  • Clamp work pieces 0 to 49-inches, particularly 8x4 plywood sheets
  • Clamp up to 1 ton of force and supports a weight load up to 600 lbs.
  • Front scooter wheels for easy moving on all terrain even on rough ground
  • Versatile & hands-free workstation for clamping, supporting, and holding

  • JawHorse Bought two one for husband & one for soninlaw. Husband likes his says it serves a purpose. He wanted it to help hold things upright & straight while he worked on them but says it will only do this on level ground. Will not work on fence posts etc if on unlevel ground or surface. He wanted Model RK9002 more expensive than basic model but less expensive than basic model with extra attachment purchased to do same thing. Soninlaw has yet to take his out of box.
    Built like a rock. I purchased this model because of the extra width for plywood sheets and the back leg having a foot thinking it would be more stable on dirt. It is exactly that. It's rock solid. The only gig I have are the built in wheels for moving the unit. They are mounted too close together making it very unstable when rolling. Hardly worth mentioning.
    Huge Dissapointment!! Dont waste your money! I ordered a Jawhorse Sheetmaster from Amazon while it was backordered and once it was in stock I received it pretty fast. I unpacked it and set it up as per the instructions. I placed a 2x4 in the jaw stepped on the pedal with firm but not too heavy preasure the unit popped and a bearing fell out on the floor. After that it wouldn't work at all. I sent it in for replacement and received the New Jawhorse within four days. As before I opened the box only this time I could tell that it had been opened before because the package the manual was in was already cut open. I set up the Jawhorse placed a 2x4 in the jaw stepped on the pedal and. Nothing. No movement at all. They had sent me someone elses return. I then contacted Rockwell only to find that the Sheetmaster is Direct to Resale Only meaning that they don't service or exchange these from Rockwell. I tried to send it back to Amazon in hopes that I might get a working unit and without contacting me Amazon decided that they weren't going to waste my time and issued a refund.
    Perfect Was almost ready to buy the RK9000. Then I saw the Sheetmaster RK9002 online. No question about it. It was priced about the same and will expand to 48 inches without buying a seperate extention. This well built tool will be put to work. I have not shed my old saw horses but adjusted their hight to use with the Jawhorse. It makes a great stand for other tools like router table and jointer table and is easy to switch.
    Great Tool Best portable work holding system I have ever seen. In many cases it beats a vise. I see all kinds of applications in the fabrication of metal as well as wood. Glad I found the RK9002 on Amazon rather than just buying the RK9000 locally. The upgraded features 48 width capacity 2 wheels instead of 1 roller for pulling it around make it worth the extra money. Also Amazon had it shipped quickly. Recommend it to anyone for carpentry home repairs welding shops etc.
    Great tool! I have never owned a jawhorse before and decided to get this newer model the sheetmaster instead of the original. It was a little more money but the added features and ability to handle 48 wide sheets without buying additional adapters was a bonus. It is my understanding that this version is a little beefed up from the original has the 48 capacity out of the box has a different wheel/rolling system and is easier to break down.I wanted a jawhorse to basically use as a portable vise. To hold material securely when cutting off 2x material to hold larger items while sanding chiseling or ripping etc.
    superior to competition rockwell outshines triton comparison rockwell vs triton modelsI own this 48 inch jawhorse and also the triton 37 model. they use the same principle mechanically. I bought a triton after the jawhorse for another work area to save a few bucks. in my opinion the jawhorse from rockwell has better quality control and better build for example the plate covering the switch on my triton arrived deformedmy first project with the triton was clamping this facepiece and hammering it straight so I could operate the switch without having to apply excessive force. no such issues with the jawhorse. both do work well. the 48 option is great if you need it which would push you towards the jawhorse.
    Great Frankly I held off buying this for a long time because I wasn't sure that I'd get that much use out of it to justify spending family funds on it. In a weak moment I splurged. Ultimately I'm glad I did. It is of a very sturdy construction. It is very easy to set up and set down. This is a tool I'll have for a long time and has already made my life easier just for some little things. Great product.
    Rockwell RK9002 Jawhorse This is a Christmas gift for my husband so don't know yet how it will work for him but I received the item promptly and in box in great shape so all indications are that item will be just as expected.
    Read more...



    Related Products
    • Rockwell RK9000 Jawhorse Plastic parts in key places beware I have been using the Jawhorse for several projects. Since the Rockwell web site has no customer service email I would like to make some detailed comments about this product that perhaps you can pass on to your coworkers managers ...Read the full

    • Rockwell JawStand RK9033 More details After reviewing this stand and the Triton I purchased the Jawstand. Some of the reviews of the Triton were very helpful to me for me to make my decision of which one to purchase but to do so I had to email Rockwell to get some ...Read the full

    • Rockwell Jawhorse RK9101 Log Jaw Accessory Attachment Nice attachment for holding logs

    • Rockwell Jawhorse RK9100 Welding Station Accessory Attachment Universally jointed arm clamp I don't weld but I do a lot of handyman chores and don't always have a helper. So I bought first the
    • Rockwell Jawhorse RK9110 Miter Saw Station Accessory Attachment Useful tool but not a good value The miter saw work station holds the saw we have a 10 ridgid miter saw that weighs 34 pounds solidly. For what we use it for however it would have been cheaper to use a piece of 5/8 plywood and bolt the saw ...Read the full

    • No comments:

      Post a Comment