Friday, July 20, 2012

Gorilla Rack GR2102B Workbench Drawers Awesome workbench

Gorilla Rack GR2102B 5-Feet Workbench with 2 Drawers, Black
Gorilla Rack GR2102B 5-Feet Workbench with 2 Drawers, Black Read more...

  • Large work surface
  • Ball bearing drawer glides for ease of use
  • Family Safe rating
  • Powder-coated finish for appearance and durability against corrosion and rust
  • Two drawers for storage

  • Easy to assemble We were pleased with our Gorilla Rack Workbench and the way it went together. All the parts arrived in good shape and the assembly was done with relative ease. While the instructions suggest two people work together for this task I was able to assemble it completely alone.
    Awesome workbench. This product was a gift and it was just as expected. It was fairly easy to assemble and it seems to be perfect for what we needed. I would definitely reccommend this to others as long as they don't mind putting it together.
    Awesome workbench I bought this workbench about 7 years ago and have moved 3 times since then. Easy to disassemble and reassemble. It is strong and sturdy and one of my favorite purchases. The drawers were the only part of this workbench that have caused some problems. The assembly was not quite perfect at the beginning and sometimes I would pull out the drawer and it would come apart. Very aggravating BUT the more times I put it together the better it fit together each time and now I have no problems with the drawers now. I have never had to replace any of the wood shelves or peg backer. I really like this product and highly recommend it.
    Good bench for the money For the money this bench is a solid purchase. The wood top is particle board and I am sure I will need to replace it in a year or two with something stronger but really that's a minor thing. Overall I am very pleased. It was very easy to assemble and survived shipping pretty well one corner of the top has a ding but hey it's a workbench. I'll do far worse to it in short order.
    Great for the price Rather simple to put together* and very useful for garage storage.*The drawer mechanism is very difficult to properly install. Even after installation there is some play with the drawers. I do believe that the latest model of this actually has redesigned the process and fixed the problem.
    Mediocre Thy name is Gorilla Rack While I agree with other posters on here that you get what you pay for I did expect that I would at least get the hardware to fasten the work surface to the bench. Somewhere between that and the flimsy feel to the drawers because they too need a little extra fastening I am left feeling rather disappointed in this bench. The metal goes together pretty easily and the instructions are adequate. The wood however just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Like other reviewers my particleboard and pegboard were damaged in shipping. I know it's a workbench but reallywhy bother including the crappy wood in lackluster packaging which will just have to be replaced upon opening? Why not predrill and include the hardware to hold the last bits together. All in all I wouldn't recommend this to a friend and I won't recommend it here.
    Not Worth Frustration This is the second Gorilla Rack product that I purchased and he second one that disappointed me. First the peg board arrived damaged which looked like poor packaging because behind the peg board were some nonreinforced areas that allowed it to crack. That was a little disappointing but it can be fixed.
    It's not perfect but it *is* a workbench Generally speaking I like this workbench. However there were issues which were less than pleasing1 Like many others I received boards which had been damaged. Both the main work surface and peg board had damaged corners. The damage was not severe enough for me to really care I had anticipated this based on other reviews and had included that in the cost/benefit analysis before purchasing but it is still a little disappointing. So if you think you might buy this expect damaged goods.2 A few pieces were bent out of shape so I had to fix them. The metal is not really all that substantial so doing this is not a difficult task and I was able to do this with a rubber mallet and my bare hands. Again though it is disappointing to have to repair a new item.3 The gliders for the drawer simply would not fit. Perhaps I was too weak or was handling them to delicately but whatever the reason it was not possible for me to get them mounted as shipped. To remedy this I took a mini pry bar and bent the clips slightly so that they would slide into the mounts.4 I anticipate that I will need to replace the work surface. This isn't really a problem with the product as I knew what the surface was made of before I purchased it but for the sake of completeness I wanted to mention it.
    excellent for the price The metal construction is good and goes together fairly easily. You will definitely need a hammer of some sort. The particle board for the top shelf and the pegboard were both damaged in shipping but I just went to Lowes and bought a new piece of particle board for the top shelf and the pegboard was no big deal because I intended to install a light anyway.In short you're getting what you pay for here. It's not a Craftsman or a Kobalt but you're also only paying $200 for it. I'd definitely buy it again.
    Nice for price My husband loves his new workbench! Together we put it together easily. Not the best written instructions but were easy to figure out. The bench stores so much stuff.
    Read more...



    Related Products

    No comments:

    Post a Comment