Saturday, July 21, 2012

Ladies Covington Send Their Love The Ladies of Covington Send Their Love

The Ladies of Covington Send Their Love: A Novel
The Ladies of Covington Send Their Love: A Novel Read more...


Love These Ladies! I not only love reading about these ladies I want to move right in and live with them! Hannah Amelia and Grace share their lovely farmhouse and their lives in Joan Medlicott's wonderful Ladies of Covington series. I have now read and re read them all in order and outoforder it doesn't really matterand I can hardly wait for the next installment.I like to keep a road atlas at hand while reading to follow the roads and highways they travel on their trips around North and South Carolina. Someday I hope to take a trip to Mars HillNorth Carolina to search for Covington. Bed and Breakfast Inns take note A Covington weekend would probably be well attended!Please Ms.
DO NOT BUY FOR KINDLE This is a great book.However everyone who owns this thing on Kindle knows that this is NOT a Kindle book despite the advertising. It doesn't open correctly doesn't download easily causes the Kindle to freeze causes the Kindle to stop working just plain DOES NOT WORK and all it does it causes many problems for you and your machine.DO NOT BUY FOR KINDLE until they fix this mess.
the ladies of covington send their love The book arrived in very good condition as stated by the seller. I t is a very charming story most enjoyable.
Lack of quality is offensive Add me to the list of readers who are offended by the very shoddy editing of this Kindle edition of The Ladies of Covington. Electronic publication is cheaper for the publisher so why can't they provide something that doesn't look like it was written on a broken keyboard. I have just deleted 4 'Covington' books from my Amazon wish list.
The Ladies of Covington Send Their Love I am so glad to be able to get this book and be introduced to The Ladies of Covington.
Editing or Typing sucks I am only one third of the way into this book and although I am enjoying the story I would not recommend the Kindle version since it is so poorly edited or entered there are multiple misspelled or jumbled words which makes it hard to read. It's like a puzzle where letters are missing and you need to figure out the words without all the clues.
The Ladies of Covington Send Their Love This book is the first in a series of stories about these ladies. Good read easy and pleasant.
Kindle readers warning This is not formatted for kindle. The socalled Kindle edition is just a horrible scan of a paperback. I really wanted to read this book and almost bought it without downloading the sample. The publisher should be ashamed of attempting to sell this as a Kindle version. This scan of a paperback is so sloppy that it's complete with a warning to not buy without the cover. Even the barcode and the price of the paperback was scanned in and is good for a laugh. Ironically at $6.99 the paperback was cheaper than this poorly scanned faded Kindle version. Download the sample for laughs but don't waste money to buy it for Kindle.
book review I purchased this book as used will deal with this seller again was in excellent condition. This writer Medlicott has an excellent series of books which I am enjoying very much.
A series of wonderful books about the lives of three women Those of you who have previously read my reviews know I do not go back and over the book. But attempt to talk about the writer and her skills as a story teller. Joan Medlicott is an exceptional writer who has taken a unique situation between three older ladies all living in a boarding house for older women A stroke of luck leaves one the heir to a old and in much need of repair. They band together and throw in their lot of their meager funds and move to NC where they all work hard to develop their individual skills and make it work It does not quick but is an easy read in acceptance of each other as human beings and the respect we come to learn and share about each otherI may not have a novel in me but surely some short stories One does not live to be 73 years old and not learning something. All of the character here are not young women but older well seasoned adults who have so much to offer and so much they can say about living.All of you who have read my reviews know I do not go page by page with the books but only give a glimpse of what the author is offering Ms Medlicott does not disappoint. She is a wonderful writer and once I read one of her books I was hooked and wanted to know the entire story I went to Amazon.com and ordered every book she had written. I finished them all and loved what I read. Even sneaked in a few that were not about this/or these series. I hope this review has been helpful.
Read more...



Related Products

  • The Spirit of Covington: A Novel (Ladies of Covington) Time Heals All Things I enjoyed this book in the Covington series. It started out rather dramatically with a fire that quickly spread in the cove.The fire destroys the farmhouse the ladies of Covington are devastated. Slowly they begin the ...Read the full

  • The Gardens of Covington: A Novel (Ladies of Covington) The ladies of Covington return better than ever The Gardens of Covington finds the ladies back in fine form. Hannah is busy with the nursery and worriedly looks to the threat of development that looms over the valley. Amelia is as selfabsorbed as ever busy with ...Read the full

  • From the Heart of Covington (Ladies of Covington, No. 3) A Visit Home to Covington I love this series! Another year in the lives of Hannah Amelia and Grace. Hannah's daughter has a bad boating accident off the coast of Puerto Rico and loses her husband in a hurricane. She has no where else to go so ...Read the full

  • An Unexpected Family My Favorite in this Series This book starts out rather dramatically. It was a dark and stormy afternoon. Snow was blinding the visibility outside. Amelia was home alone when the knock came on the door. I am your husband's daughter! Please let ...Read the full

  • At Home in Covington (Ladies of Covington) Yes! The Covington Ladies Return! Joy upon joy! They are here again! I cannot even begin to explain how happy I was to see this book. Grace Hannah and Amelia step gracefully back into our lives with this fifth installment of the Covington series. Our Ladies are now ...Read the full

No comments:

Post a Comment