Wednesday, July 18, 2012

House Benefit Street Donna Montalbano Terriffic first novel

The House on Benefit Street
The House on Benefit Street Read more...


Terriffic first novel I found "The House on Benefit Street" at the 2d annual New England Crime Bake where author Donna Montalbano was on a panel. My interest piqued I bought a copy and thoroughly enjoyed it. The main character is the house itself and I want it myself. The protagonist is newly widowed and making major unexpected changes in her life. Against all odds and advice she buys an old house in Providence. Only after she moves in does she discover that an unsolved crime was committed there. Pageturning writing great sense of place people I'd like to have lunch with. The occasional chuckle doesn't hurt. Recommended for mystery fans who can do without the bloodandguts.
Will keep your attention as you feel like you are there! This was an easy book to read associate with each of the characters and relate to the changing scenes almost to the point where you begin to feel a part of the story yourself. This may be the case as I was born and continue to live in RI and can relate to all of the places mentioned.The story was detailed to the point that it drew me in and held my attention making me read more and more.Even now that I have completed the book its enthralling my mind causing me to have flash thoughts of events that occurred in the book and feeling like the story is continuing to unfold like the characters are people I know.
a great read The House on Benefit Street is my favorite book this year. I loved the characters and the setting. As someone who does not live in Providence this book has made me want to visit. The author definitely captured my imagination.
Great book for many reasons I loved this book. It was an easy read and the main characters were people that are easy to relate to. The story was deep yet easy to follow and the author's descriptions were very vivid without being overdone. In my opinion a good book is one that I can't put down and this certainly qualifies.
Read more...


No comments:

Post a Comment