Monday, July 9, 2012

Curtains Draperies Shades Cengage window treatments

Curtains, Draperies & Shades
Curtains, Draperies & Shades Read more...


instructions aren't clear I purchased this book to make roman shades. I have read the Roman Shades instructions over and over several times and I still can't comprehend them and I know sewing vernacular! I found better instructions on You Tube with Terrell.
Great Instructions and Ideas for your windows The instructions are good for the beginner to expert Lots of photographs of diffrent kinds of window treatments. Great for the do it yourself seamstress who wants to make drapes shades and curtains.
Curtain Shades and Drapery book This book has lots of illustrations and directions for constructing window treatments.
A great book! It's a great book! I would recommend it highly for anyone either beginners or professionals. I am very happy with it.
window treatments This is a very good howto book for someone wanting to do their own window treatments. It gives ideas and instructions on how to make what you see.
Love Love Love this book! Bought this book planning to get idea's from it. I was pleasantly pleased with not only the decorating idea's but I love the use of color in this book. If you are looking for idea's for adding more color to your rooms this is a great book. Then to cap it all off they show you how to make everything in the book as well! Great Book.
A beautiful book of windo treatments 'd been shopping for window treatments and could not find anything I liked. A friend urged me to consider sewing my own and recommended this book. The book was also recommended by some folks on an online sewing group that I have used for advice.This book has a huge amount of information about all aspects of sewing window treatments.There are stepbystep instructions for all kinds of window treatment projects. It includes curtains draperies shades valences cornices swags and cascades. It has a Getting Started section that covers window treatments in general with the kinds of treatments that are good for certain kinds of window fabric choices and calculation of yardage. Within these sections there are special discussions of linings edgings tiebacks the hanging of draperies and more.
Shows several great ideas! This book shows a great variety of window treatments! Great for getting ideas! You probably want to have a basic background for sewing already if you're using this book.
Great overview From a notice sewer's viewpoint the descriptions and instructions in this book were very good. As an example it gives you a sidebyside comparison of the different types pleats used for draperies. Great for getting ideas for different types of window applications.
Best How To for Window Treatments I first used this book in the early 80's when taking a class on pinch pleated draperies. It was the textbook for the class. I find the hardest part of sewing a window treatment is figuring the amount of fabric one will need. I think this book does an excellent job of explaining the width and length calculations.
Read more...



Related Products

  • The Complete Photo Guide to Window Treatments: DIY Draperies, Curtains, Valances, Swags, and Shades Great ideas I recently bought a new house with very large windows. I can't find store bought curtains so I'm going to have to create my own designs. This book gave me several ideas that are new and unique things I'd never thought of. There are pages and pages of ...Read the full

  • The Window Decorating Book Someone who loves to decorate I just received my copy of The Window Decorating Book and I love it! This book is organized really well. The photographs are stunning but I also found the black and white sketches helpful. The Question Yourself ...Read the full

  • Window Treatments Idea Book (Taunton Home Idea Books) Great design idea source! I am an aspiring interior decorator who has bought tons of window treatment idea books as well as countless magazines for window treatment inspiration. This book now ranks #1 among all my resources for design ideas! The pictures are ...Read the full

  • Big Book of Window Treatments Excellent Basic Book of Ideas I feel compelled to defend this book. I am a homedec seamstress and constantly on the look for a book for clients to look through. This book has proven invaluable to me. It is very clearly organized the pictures are clear and there ...Read the full

  • The Complete Photo Guide to Curtains and Draperies: Do-It-Yourself Window Treatments Complete for its size This book has very complete instructions for many types of window teatments. It is clear and well illustrated with photos. I used it to make invertedpleat drapes for my guest room and they turned out great! I was taking a home dec sewing class ...Read the full

No comments:

Post a Comment