Sunday, April 22, 2012

Trojan TWC 27 27 Inch Center Included Fantastic Performance

Trojan TWC-27 27-Inch Tall Work Center, 2 by 6 Not Included
Trojan TWC-27 27-Inch Tall Work Center, 2 by 6 Not Included Read more...

  • Use with mitre saws, planers, tablesaws, drill presses
  • Gripping teeth clamp wood without screws of nails
  • Stores conveniently
  • Fast setup
  • Use any 2x lumber for the size you want- 27 inch to top of 2 x 4

  • Fantastic Performance This review is for the TWC35 version of this product 35inch instead of 27inch. I've posted the review here also to give shoppers food for thought on both height models.In preparation to build my house I bought the Trojan 35inch work center TWC35 for a steal price of 115.00 to hold my Milwaukee 12 sliding compound miter saw pretty heavy saw. Also bought one extra roller assembly.Lots of people have to consider the 27 or the 35 kit. I did alot of thinking about how high I wanted the saw before purchasing the taller size. I have used a 14' 2x6 as the crossmember for the last 10 months. I am 5'8 with a 30 inseam and I have not once thought about the saw's height with this setup it has been perfect.
    quick set up. but that is it Yes it sets up in seconds..but the stabilty is the pits. if you own a dewalt 12 inch saw or any other saw that is other than small stay away from this product. you will have to make some supports for the saw and also the legs bite into the wood soso. the teeth on the legs bend as much as they bite. quality of this product is poor.
    I love this stand I have used most saw stands but this is my favorite. It goes together in under 5 minutes and disassembles in under 2 minutes. It folds into a such a compact size I can throw it behind the seat of my truck. I like the fact that it uses 2x lumber for the center support rather than a special steel structure like some others. There is always a spare board around the worksight so it saves me carrying a center support. It is sturdy but I recommend assembling it with a 10 inch piece of lumber if you are cutting longer stock. The only drawback is that the legs do not clamp onto the stand for carrying although the rest of the unit clamps together nicely. I juryrigged two bar clamps to hold the legs for carrying and then use the same clamps to hold the saw tight when assembled.
    Extremely durable I have had this setup for over fifteen years. I have clamped it to everything from a 2x4 to a 2x12. Depending on the saw that I set on it there are occasionally some stability issues but I have never had a meltdown even when cutting 20' composite decking. Yes there are better units but generally they are not as versatile and easy to pack in a pickup truck.
    Read more...



    Related Products
    • Trojan TS-27 Standard Height Sawhorse Legs, 1 Set Trojan Sawhorses This sawhorse is absolutely the best foldable and portable sawhorse on the market and it is also one of the most inexpensive.The metal angle iron hinged legs with gripper teeth make these horses extremely strong yet easy to transport. Also these ...Read the full

    • Trojan TS-35 35-Inch Sawhorse Legs for One Complete Sawhorse no nonsense horses I met these horses when some hotshot framers from oregon showed up at the jobsite with a whole bunch of attitude and some fancy tools. Besides the titanium hammers these were my favorite gadgets of theirs. These horses once properly set up will ...Read the full

    • Trojan TR-10 10-Inch Roller and Bracket for Mounting on 2-Inch Lumber All around winner I can't think of a more versatile tool which combines compactability and usefulness like this tool does. I have a floor standing roller but sometimes it can get in the way when I have to transport it. I like the option of just clamping this one ...Read the full

    No comments:

    Post a Comment