Saturday, April 7, 2012

Build Like Pro Windows Doors not much good

Build Like a Pro Windows and Doors: Expert Advice from Start to Finish (Taunton's Build Like a Pro)
Build Like a Pro Windows and Doors: Expert Advice from Start to Finish (Taunton's Build Like a Pro) Read more...

  • ISBN13: 9781561584833
  • Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
  • Condition: New

  • Don't go wrong with marvin you absolutely don't go wrong with marvin windows and doors. They are the best on the market and I swear by them.
    Install Like a Pro Good book but title is misleading more about proper installation of windows & doors rather than fabrication of doors & windows.
    Old windows I have a 100 + years old house with the original windows. They have a section on Tuning Up Old Windows which I found very helpful. There are only a few pages on this subject for old windows. The information is straight forward and to the point.
    Lots of good information just not the information I was looking for I have 15 neglected 80yearold duplex pulley windows. Not a word about this type in this book.Much good stuff if I were doing other projects maybe I'll come back to this later.
    Good Reference I checked this book out of the library mainly for a few chapters that contained info on Pocket Doors and Fixing Door Problems. The book covers almost everything you can think of to address installing doors and windows including putting new doors in old frames. It gives you pointers on choosing windows and doors including how various components operate. I didn't know there were so many types of windows operating styles to choose from out there!I found this book very helpful and confirmed that I wanted to hire a professional! The pocket door section seemed a little slim to me but that might be because I had no clue about what they were doing. It's definitely not a stepbystep. LOL. Even though some of the projects in this book might be DIY many of the complex projects would probably require a professional unless you've done some type of constructiontype work.
    Good General Resource Pretty general information and suggestions on interior and exterior doors windows and skylights. Plenty of illustrations tips trade secrets and what could go wrong tidbits. There is enough information here to get the DIY'er in some trouble not enough detail to really be able to DIY it but enough to think so. Good general information but I would not solely rely on this book as a how to.
    Best book on the subject I have read every book that I could find on windows and doors and found this one to be the best bar none. The pictures are fantastic and the helpful tips are worth the price of the book and then some. Also the book is very easy to understand which is not the case with a lot of books out there on the subject.
    Misses a few obvious details This book is well written and professionally designed. It contains a breadth of information but the coverage seems wider than it is deep. I was interested in learning more about my replacement window options but was fairly disappointed. While the book treats many different remodeling subjects most of us are trying to solve one type of problem. I don't have a dozen different types of windows in my house I have two. Also the author misses a few obvious details faced by a majority of who are replacing windows.
    Great book one of the best! Oh I like this book easy reading and a good resource of information.If you are a novice it is good for references but if you are a beginner it is a wealth of knowledge.Clear text and comprehensible plenty of pictures and clear drawings well put together.
    not much good I had high hopes for this to provide some useful information that didn't happen. This book provides no real value. In is just generalized info and very little of that. I would purchase the Black n Decker books they are 500 times better.
    Read more...



    Related Products
    • Insulate & Weatherize (Taunton's Build Like a Pro) Essential reading for every homeowner! Insulating your house is fraught with dangers and there are lots of sharks out there only too delighted to take your money and ruin your house. Although I am still learning this stuff I'm still confident that I know more than ...Read the full

    • Trim Carpentry & Built-Ins (Taunton's Build Like a Pro) Great balance! Great Book. I'm a "advanced beginner" carpenter and this book is BY FAR the best book I've read and used to give good practical information and tips on finish carpentry. I orginially borrowed from the library but liked it so much I bought ...Read the full

    • Working Alone: Tips and Techniques for Solo Building Very Useful and Informative Book I've been in the remodeling business since 1975 and have worked most of this time by myself.

      I'm just finishing a 10 x 20 room addition for a customer. I purchased this book at the beginning of this project and have found Mr. ...Read the full


    • Drywall: Professional Techniques for Great Results Simply the best drywall book I have found so far By A Customer I've had this book for some time now and have been doing various drywall projects around the house including crack repair patches and even replacing a full panel. I found that by ...Read the full

    • Graphic Guide to Frame Construction (For Pros By Pros) An excellent detailed building reference As a former building contractor I can say that this book offers builders of all levels drawing views that blueprints sometimes do not even afford. There are detailed views of alternative approaches for sametype applications ...Read the full

    No comments:

    Post a Comment