Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Mechanics Owners 1941 1959 Harley Davidson O H V The State of the Knuckle-Pan Nation

Mechanics & Owners Guide to 1941-1959 Harley-Davidson O.H.V. Big Twins
Mechanics & Owners Guide to 1941-1959 Harley-Davidson O.H.V. Big Twins Read more...


Best Tool in my tool chest I'll keep this short and to the point. As the title says this is the best tool I have in my tool chest. The information in this book has helped me more times then I can recollect. The book is written from a practical perspective and isn't full of theoretical how to. It even includes descriptions of how to make some of the special tools you'll need from items you probably have laying around your shop. I can't wait for Vol.
Buy this book first I am looking into buying a Pan and searching for more than anecdotal information. This book is the best source of Pan info I have read so far. It helped me realize that a Pan wasn't the best choice and that I would need to spend a lot of time wrenching instead of riding.
Be a man drive a Pan By A Customer This book is lacking in some important areas. No carburetors no transmissions no brakes. Need to know how to adjust your mousetrap change springs on a springer or fix a leak on your hydraulic front end? You won't find it in this book. The topics it does cover are great easy to understand and well detailed. The bottom line is I do use this book and it has become a permanent part of my shop library.
The State of the KnucklePan Nation Since 2000 we've sold 1875 copies of Vol. 1 with zero returns. Vol. 2 has sold 172 copies and zero returns. Great! Thank you. Our position has always been to add value to your book purchase and focus viewers on the exact steps when working on the Knuckle or Panheads.The forums are the only lifeline enthusiast have to learn about their motorcycle investment. I do review some of the topics on other M/C forums where mostly OEM parts are discussed but OEM parts like coils and clutch hubs are different than the repop parts that have been manufactured over the last 30 years. So be aware that the information on the other forums most often refers to OEM and often has no relevance to the aftermarket parts sold today.
Read more...



Related Products

No comments:

Post a Comment