Saturday, June 23, 2012

Masters Shadowlands Cherise Sinclair Not an actual representation of the Leather Lifestyle.

Masters of the Shadowlands
Masters of the Shadowlands Read more...


Amazingly written left me wanting more. Being the first BDSM book I've read it captivated me from the start. Jessica's story was well written found myself finishing it in one setting. Keri whom one could certainly relate to keeps one striving to find that fantasy come to reality. I could imagine myself in her place with Master Dan. Intertwining both stories with familiar characters is really what made this an awesome read. Am looking forward to her next books to which I ordered today.
I already filled out my membership application! I could not have been more excited when I finished this story. Cherise Sinclair does a fantastic job. The series will revolve around the Masters and Subs of Club Shadowland. The whole setting is truly great. I really felt like I was there.and oh did I so want to be there. This story is about Master Z and Jessica. I really liked Jessica because she is not your average leading lady. She is actually normal struggles with her size and confidence just enough but not too much. The minute you meet Master Z you will want to start panting. His degree of BDSM is lighter no whips or real heavy pain than most but that is made up by watching some of the other patrons in the club. I have read every book available and I can't wait for the next one.
BDSM with Heart Intelligence and THE Hottest Doms I have read all of Cherise Sinclair's books. . . more than once. The specifics of this story are well described by others here so I will summarize my thoughts on all of Ms. Sinclair's BDSM stories by saying that each and every story this author writes shares the same criteria for the protagonists safe sane consensual sensual intelligent even if it does take some Doms a while to wake uphot sexy Doms the hottest and best in the BDSM genre emotion inducing story appropriate intimacy and sex that will cause hot flashes and have you turning on fans intricate emotional stories that pull the reader in and make you care about the characters. All of the stories hold one's interest and make it impossible to put the book down all have sizzling sexy scenes between the hottest Doms in the written word world and their Subs that makes it impossible to put the books down THE hottest Doms in the genre did I mention the hot Doms? Make it easy on yourself buy them all here and read them in the published order and then you too may find yourself wondering if you should find one of these Doms all for yourself.Cherise Sinclair has an amazing talent for this genre. My only critical comment is that I wish her books were longer than short novel and I wish she had a better publisher. It is better for those of us buying these books in electronic format to purchase them from Amazon now that the Kindle software is available for PC and Mac as well as Kindle.
Overall good I like Cherise Sinclair's overall writing style and plot lines. These two were excellently written and the stories were as believable as erotica can be shortened time spans make for too much too fast but it IS a book. However both of these Doms bored me. Not really my cup of tea you might say. I also wasn't to interested in Jessica though Kari was a more interesting character. I cannot say I disliked the book or the writing. Just as you can't like every person you actually meet you will not like every character you read. I am giving it a 4 star rating because it was a good read. I can't wait to get to Lean On Me for more Master Cullen he has excited me the most and I can't wait to find out more about him.
An Awesome Book This was an amazing book. I fully intend to read the entire series now. Highly reccomend this one.
Too Much Of The Same Thing The only reason I gave this book 4 stars instead of 5 is because both stories are about new BDSM subs. I would have preferred if one was about a new Dom being introduced to the BDSM scene. Both stories are well written and believable. Dark Citadel is my favorite because I felt the H/h were fully developed. You got a chance to view them outside the club Kari caring about her neighbors and giving advice to a friend. Dan has to come to grips with a major lost in his life. And I especially like how all his friends in the club played a part in trying to get Kari and Dan together. Another plus for this book is the lack of heavy psycho babble about why some people are either a Dom or a Sub. Everything is explained in a simple intelligent way for anyone to understand even if BDSM is not for them. The sex is varied and HOT an engrossing fast pace read you want put down until its finished. I will definitely be reading the rest of this series.
Wow! Couldn't put it down This is the first book I've read by Cherise Sinclair and I am now a huge fan! Wow wow wow!!! As the other reviewers have mentioned this book actually contains two stories in one book. The first story Club Shadowlands is about Master Z and Jessica and the second one Dark Citadel is about Master Dan and Kari. Both stories are about two women being introduced to BDSM and I love the tenderness and caring shown by their Masters as they learned about it. The stories are still smokin' hot but they're told definitely with a heart. I loved both stories but I actually liked Club Shadowlands more. I just really liked Master Z and Jessica's story. Master Z rocks! I can't wait to read more stories about the other Masters at Shadowlands.
Not an actual representation of the Leather Lifestyle. Hi.I am on the second book and am pleased with much of what I've read writing style wisebut I'm staring to become woefully disappointed. As a member of the Leather community I know I'm reading WAY too much into the author's intentbut I shudder to think that this is actually considered an accurate representation of the Leather lifestyle.It's becoming a watered down view of S&m with a focus on kinky dominate sex rather than a lifestyle. Between book 1 and the second book I'm half way through it appears that the Masters are light and sensual dominates focused on the sexual activities and the heroines are complete innocents.There seems to be missing elements of the lifestyle that are absolutely essential in the understanding and acceptance of Master and slave relationships.There are no real sadomasochistic traits in any of these Masters. There has been not explanation of RACK which is what is commonly practiced by Lifestyle players and alcohol is usually NEVER permitted during parties even in private clubs.The slaves seem to have not character development or desires that are not solely sexual. There is no growth through humiliation public scening training full time service nor is there any indication that these submissives are growing through their journey.
Excellant Ds stories This is 2 Ds Novellas set in the same club with the same characters. Nicely written with decent characters. Prety simplistic plots but still well done with some humor. Pretty much straight Ds with a little BD not much SM and that's coincidental.Overall an excellent read if you like Ds with a dash of BDSM.
A taste of BDSM Masters of the Shadowlands missed the mark for me. It's good but I guess my biggest problem with the book is that it's two novellas. Each story would have been more satisfying if they were developed into two novels like the other books in the Masters of Shadowland series. I walked in expecting a main course and was only served appetizers. But don't fret Ms. Sinclair continues to tell their stories in the other books of the series.The first story Club Shadowlands was better than the second tale. Dark Citadel was definitely my least favorite story because the Dom Dan was too dismissive of a beginner sub. I get that a Dom is still human but his growth guilt at not being able to save his wife from her death should not have been at the expense of a new sub's development. He certainly didn't put her emotional state before his own. He certainly needed to be punished. Master Z didn't step up as the head Dom to address the matter. Even so Ms. Sinclair did make me root for Dan to not lose Kari so I guess I need to offer kudos. It was an opportunity to see the power of the submissive. The power exchange was cleverly displayed. The best part of both stories is that the characters felt real their challenges were exposed.The BDSM was whitewashed. There are glimpses of hardcore BDSM that go unexplored. The humiliation dished by Dan appeared to be for humiliation sake. But it's a part of the foundation building of trust and understanding the needs in a Dom and sub relationship.The parallels between Jessica and Kari were too great in this book. Initially Kari felt like a recycled Jessica but as the story progressed their differences came to the forefront. Fortunately Master D is not a revision of Master Z though their sex scenes felt like carbon copies. Both Doms are sexy strong alpha males which is expected and accepted. What I loved is that the author made the heroines curvaceous women that are the preferred body type for their Doms.This book is romance set in a BDSM club. The club atmosphere was like another protagonist in this book. The pictures painted by Ms. Sinclair are vivid you become a member watching it all unfold around you. So if you are a romance junky looking for an introduction to BDSM this book is ideal. In the first story Jennifer stumbles into the club and Club Shadowlands is told from her perspective as well as Master Z's perspective. So the reader is slowing introduced into this world. Dark Citadel is told from the perspective of Kari who was aware of her desire to experience BDSM so the reader gets to wade in the waters of BDSM.
Read more...



Related Products

  • Breaking Free (Masters of the Shadowlands 3) Keeping Secrets Could Be Deadly Elizabeth was on the run. She had been badly abused by her last Dom. So badly abused that she move across the country to escape him. She opened up a landscaping business which was doing well. One of her contracts was with ...Read the full

  • Make Me, Sir Good but Breaking Free remains my favorite. Though I do read some bdsm erotica books there are very few that I enjoy. More often then not the sex is gratuitous the scening is contrived and unrealistic and the dialog which I find to be key in any story is rarely done ...Read the full

  • Lean on Me (Masters of the Shadowlands 4) At long last our beloved Cullen gets his sub! Yummy!!!Cullen has been tying us all in knots since book 1. He is the bartender who knows all our ladies and never forgets a drink. He is the trainer for the subs in training and as much as he ...Read the full

  • The Dom's Dungeon A Dungeon I want in. Hot sexy and with an AMAZING story MacKensie has had difficult past and hard challenges to overcome but she has turned her life around and has become a veterinarian. She loves animals because of the unconditional love they give. She sets up a ...Read the full

  • Master of the Mountain I just wanted more! I loved it! Every word every page every moment until the end! So that is my review in a nutshell.. OK I can do better than that but seriously a melt your panties right off intriguing love story that forces you to turn the pages until the wee ...Read the full

No comments:

Post a Comment