Sunday, March 11, 2012

Tailor Made Bride Karen Witemeyer Tailor-Made Bride


A Tailor-Made Bride
  • Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
  • Condition: New
  • ISBN13: 9780764207556
  • TailorMade Bride This story is so sweet from start to finish. I loved the characters and settings. The descriptive writing helped me picture the characters and their homes businesses. When I finished reading this book I missed the characters. Wish they continued into another story.
    Fun Characters and Sweet Romance What a fun sweet read! I needed just such a book at the time that I read this one. The characters are endearing and the romance is sweet.The main character Hannah is opening a dress shop in Texas and I really liked her determination to succeed in that business. Despite his misgivings of dresses and fancy attire J.T. finds himself falling for her and their mishaps and bungling of situations were charming. I do feel that they fell in love a bit quickly. Although the progression of their relationship was a bit rushed it was still heartfelt without being too cheesy or overdone.J.T. came across as painfully stubborn but that made it so much better when he finally does come around. I enjoyed the relationship between Hannah and J.T's sister immensely it was very well done.Although some aspects of Witemeyer's ideas were a bit on the nose I love how ultimately the characters depict how important the line between vanity and appreciating beauty/feeling beautiful really is.I so looked forward to reading this novel and am so glad I read it when I did. I look forward to Witemeyer's other novels as well and recommend this one for someone interested in sweet light romances in a historical setting.
    Good Read I liked this book and thought it was very good for a first novel. But I did find the main characters especially Hannah to be a little annoying at times. I also thought the plot slowed down too much at some points and got a little boring. I found the whole 'bad guy' part towards the end to be a bit contrived and unbelievable. I did like the romance and the historical aspects though. I would reccommend it as a good book just not a fabulous one.
    stephanie V's review I absolutely love this book! I loved Hannah and her flamboyant chatacter and Jericho's nevergiveintoherfrills attitude. They made me laugh these characters.
    A wonderful uplifting romance What a delightful romance from a debut author. The characters were fresh and well fleshedout and the plotlines wove together to create a pageturning read from beginning to end. I was impressed by the authors attention to detail from the trappings of a dressmaking shop to the internal motivations of the characters. This sweet romance was well worth the investment of time and money as I will not soon forget the love story of Hannah and Jericho.
    A Lovely Historical Debut!!!!! What a debut!!! Wowza Karen did an amazing and awesome job on her first release. I was immediately drawn into the lives of J.T. and Hannah.It was so easy for me to grow to love these characters. I think one reason was because neither J.T. or Hannah was perfect. They made mistakes. They messed up. They learned. Just like we all do. And I loved watching them learn and grow in their faith!J.T.'s toothpick was awesome! P Usually you don't see character habits stand out that much in a book but his hankerin' for toothpicks sure did. And that made him so unique to me!!All in all an awesome read! And with some great lessons on vanity and false beauty.
    Enjoyable Read I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this book since it was one of the first free Kindle books I downloaded and I wasn't expecting much. Now the bar is set pretty high for what I expect from these limitedtime promotional offers.I was won over by the main character who persisted in believing that she could accomplish what she set out to do. The author did a great job depicting the visuals of the story as I can still see the town and the characters in my mind's eye even months after reading it. There were also some scenes that had me holding my breath.Overall a unique storyline wellwritten with a strong moral heroine.
    Cute Story But I would have liked the story if it had not gone into so much detail about the feelings of the couple. After a certain point it has too much in common with smut. It is exploring the sensual feelings that are special to a relationship and once I start getting that from a novel I know I will have unrealistic expectations of relationships. True I brought it on myself by reading a romance novel but I wish it could be romantic without being sensual.
    A new author to follow I'd already read one of Karen Witemeyer's books and decided to try this one. It took a little more time for me to get into the story but once I did it was a delightful read. The characters are real and their faith isn't preachy. There was a good balance of humor and real life. I look forward to reading more from Ms. Witemeyer.
    Wish it didn't end! I just love this book! I wish it lasted another few hundred pages. It's a sweet story with a gentle flow that just moves right along to a toosoon ending. I especially like the exercise session and the river rescue. Hannah is the person you wish you could be Jericho is unforgettable.


    Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!.Condition: New.ISBN13: 9780764207556. Witemeyer's debut will grab fans in the historical romance crowd. She blends lively writing, storytelling prowess, and enough romance to keep readers satisfied. Hannah Richards opens her dress shop in 1881 Coventry, Tex., with little more than a dream to help women add beauty to their lives. Livery owner Jericho Tucker, however, finds nothing beautiful in her plans. Despite J.T's antagonism and Hannah's strong will, the pair find ways to meet in the middle and come out together. Sidelights include matchmaking on Hannah's part, a sinister rival, dangerous floodwaters, and two people who truly desire to follow Christ. Readers will ponder, with J.T. and Hannah, the difference between beauty and vanity: You may see a room full of harmless fashions, but if you open your eyes, you'll find that, in truth, it is filled with the temptations to indulge in sinful vanity, he says. If God had wanted the world to be a somber, colorless place, he would have made everything in black and gray, she says. Thought-provoking and entertaining faith-based fiction for sure. (June) Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.


    Related Products
    • Head in the Clouds Head in the Cloud Cisco TexasApril 1883 Adelaide Proctor was a school teacher and had meet a book salesman and as she had never had a beau before she was really taken with him she gave up her job and went to find him after he changed his job. She was so surprised ...Read the full

    • To Win Her Heart Delightful read with memorable characters From page one this book hooks with unique characters and delightful prose. Author Karen Witemeyer tactfully addresses several deep issues including redemption and going beyond first impressions with her tale of the reformed ...Read the full

    • Head in the Clouds Head in the Cloud Cisco TexasApril 1883 Adelaide Proctor was a school teacher and had meet a book salesman and as she had never had a beau before she was really taken with him she gave up her job and went to find him after he changed his job. She was so surprised ...Read the full

    • Love on the Line very enjoyable read Deanne's books are all worth reading. Opposite characters attracted to each other are always interesting and that is the premise behind the plot of this book. There are some interesting plot turns in the book that keep ...Read the full

    • A Bride in the Bargain Enjoyable little read. What a sweet little book this is. No really. Throughout the book I kept thinking to myself oh how sweet. Surprisingly enough this didn't make me roll my eyes and toss the book over my shoulder. You see to me sweet usually means blah or boring ...Read the full

    No comments:

    Post a Comment